Location: Anywhere in the world. Role is office based or working from home.
Salary: £40-45k, depending on experience
- Developing a core JS library to be used across multiple interfaces and integrations
- Developing JS-based technologies, from browser extension to Word integration
- Planning and executing changes to product web interfaces, from existing bespoke WYSIWYG to reactive elements, used feedback mechanisms and so on
- Resolving JS and interface bugs and issues when they come up, responding to customers as needed
- Replacing server-side technology with modern alternatives as appropriate
- Helping with the non-JS support queue, responding to customers and resolving simple requests - we all pitch in to manage support
Essential skills / attributes
- Strong JS. We're looking for the kind of person who will argue with PHP developers about why they should be using server-side JS instead.
- JS unit testing experience
- Experience building one of these or something comparable: Chrome extension, plugin for Google Docs, Word, Outlook, Gmail, WordPress, Magento, bespoke WYSIWYG
- Front-end experience - HTML, CSS, AJAX, etc
Desirable skills / attributes
- An enthusiasm for any or all of: readability, writing, language and online editing interfaces
- Ideally some server-side JS experience (node.js for example)
- Familiarity with modern JS frameworks and libraries like React, Angular PHP experience
- Experience with devops
- Experience with a previous SAAS business
How to apply?
If you're interested in the role, please contact email@example.com.